Jeff Shaffer Plumbing, a family-owned business with four reliable technicians, is pleased to offer an array of plumbing services in Orange County – especially in the romantic city of Dana Point!
For twenty years, Jeff Shaffer Plumbing has provided services for plumbing emergencies and long-term home remodels in our local areas, allowing Dana Point residents to enjoy the city without the burden of coming home to leaky faucets. While we’re working on water heaters and leak detections in your sweet home, go out and explore all the city has to offer!
Dana Point in Orange County
Amidst the early morning fog, a deep horn bellows to warn the fishermen of coral. According to Harvard-trained lawyer and author Richard Henry Dana Jr., who describes his travels from Boston to California in the famous traveling journal, Two Years Before the Mast, Dana Point is “the only romantic spot on the coast”, with rolling hills, deep blue Pacific ocean water and bountiful bluffs – pure eye candy for the many visitors and locals alike. Conveniently located halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego with temperatures teetering between 60 and 76 degrees year-round, it’s no wonder why vacationers flock to this dreamy city.
History: There has been a lot of action at Dana Point!
For centuries, natives lived in the area thriving on the bay. It wasn’t until the 1700s that the first Europeans arrived, who named the land Capistrano Bay. In 1818, the same cove where Dana Point today is where an Argentinean pirate sailed his crew and raided San Juan Capistrano.
In the 1920s, Sidney Woodruff – who developed Hollywood – came to the area and bought 1,400 acres of land. With a plan to design the city as a Spanish-style town, wide streets were named after ship lanterns, and colorful lanterns lined the streets to function as lights. People referred to the town as “Lantern Village”.
Dana Point Harbor was built in the 1960s, the time when jetties were built to soften the waves. This created a lot of ongoing controversy; the killer wavesthat surfers once crazed over at “Killer Dana” have suffered ever since.
The new harbor was named Dana Point Harbor after Richard Henry Dana Jr. On January 1, 1989, Dana Point was officially incorporated as a city.
What to Do Around Here?
- The Pilgrim – Check out a replica of the ship that the famous Richard Henry Dana Jr. sailed from Boston to California in!
- Doheny State Beach – camp, picnic, swim, surf, ride a bike, whatever your heart desires!
- Dana Point Harbor – the manmade harbor that the whole city is named after.
- Bask in the sun at Salt Creek Beach
- Take the Catalina Express to a remote island
- Take a stroll through Pines Park
- Hike at the Bluff Top Trail or Dana Point Nature Interpretive Center
- Feed your brain at The Ocean Institute
- If you have a lot of energy, pick up a new activity like biking, kayaking, kite surfing or jet skiing.
Our Specialty Services
Plumbing, remodeling, and installing water heaters are a few of our specialties, but we’d like to note that we offer an entire array of much-needed plumbing services in Dana Point. As you relish in the beauty of California, we’re here to cover any of these plumbing issues at home:
- Drain stoppage
- Bathroom and kitchen remodel
- Leak detection
- Water heaters
- Copper and pex re-pipe
- Toilet installation and repair
- Gas line installation, repair and replacement
- Tank and tankless water heaters
- Toilet repair and replacement
We hope you enjoy this amazing city as much as we do. However, if you can’t get out to enjoy the many splendors because of a leaky sink or broken pipe, give us a call, at Jeff Shaffer Plumbing. We are here to help you get back to loving every moment here in Dana Point!